The Brothers GriM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Raids to Kara...

4 posters

Go down

Guild Raids to Kara... Empty Guild Raids to Kara...

Post  Bigal Thu May 15, 2008 1:34 am

Another terrible run in Kara Sad
Something I've noticed from our last few runs is a very PUG like atmosphere. The first way to combat this is to ask all guild members to not swear at other members of the raid. I mean stuff like FFS who pulled etc. In all likliness though the people who say things like that will not be reading this but oh well.

Also, we have to keep it as much as possible in the guild. When we bring in Randoms they're mostly there just for the loot/badges and don't try their best. Also if we wipe they get annoyed easily and tend to just leave.

I think we also need to be WAY more picky with our raid line up from now on. If we have an under geared guildy wanting to come, we cannot let them come unfortunately. We will help them gear up yes, but they cannot come to Kara in order to gear up for Kara. I know we all know this, but I am referencing a bad decision on my part regarding a KEY position in the raid.

I also think we now have enough members to raise the exclusivity of the guild. I.E. we shall no longer just let any old person in. We should only invite people we have worked with and have proven that they have a good grasp on communication and can follow instructions as well as bring their own bonuses to the guild. These Bonuses could be anything from the skill of Dhajin, the thoughtfullness of Feuya and Nai, and even the artistic skills of Krayte who may have a lower level character at the moment but is proving himself to be a more than worthy guild member. Remember it isn't all about level and gear. In fact I would hesitate to invite any person who spamms their epix in order to get into our guild or a raid.

So if you find yourself recruiting, try to have a little chat with the person you may recruit just to get a feel for their personality.

Something to always remember though is that at the end of the day, this is a game and games should be fun. Unfortunately it is not fun taking an ill-prepared group into kara and wiping multiple times on trash so from now I think we should only go when we can have key positions filled before we go. I.E. All healers, tanks, priests sorted before we make the raid on the day. Otherwise we find ourselves failing to get the people we need and then 'making do' with other classes because we don't want to be waiting around all night.

Anyways leave some thoughts and comments. Maybe I've got it all wrong. These are all just ideas really as we are a guild. I may be the Guild Master but it in no way makes me the Boss. More like an administrator

Cheers,

Al

Bigal
Admin

http://brothersgrim.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down

Guild Raids to Kara... Empty Re: Guild Raids to Kara...

Post  Feuya Thu May 15, 2008 10:56 am

unfortunate that it didn't go well again for you yesterday Sad i agree with what you have said here. also a suggestion about trying to get rid of the pug feeling could be to do some 5 man inst or group qs together with random guildies. as always in a group ppl are going to get on better with some than others but then we can at least try to work together.

Feuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Naicele Thu May 15, 2008 2:43 pm

I agree with you all the way bigal. The tries we have had in Kara has in my point of view been nothing of what i whant my wow playing to be about. I.e. fun. i think that stricter rules about raiding is a great idea. And a demand on pre applying/confirming on the forum before and be sure that people actually reach the minimum requirements for Kara. This to insure that we might actually accomplish something when we go.

I would like to add to your point on swearing sexist remarks as well. By sexist I mean calling people ladies when they do something bad etc. And ofc also not useing homofobic or racist (although i havent heard any racist things yet, but to be clear) remarks. I want the guild to be a place where members can feel safe, appreciated and welcome in.
I think that failure to moderate language/showing respect after being asked to should result in warnings and eventually being kicked from the guild.

And Feuyas idea about doing a couple of instances with random people to get to now them is a good idea. We should do that=)

Well cya tonight!
Naicele
Naicele

Back to top Go down

Post  Dhajin Fri May 16, 2008 3:33 pm

What bigal said Razz
Dhajin
Dhajin

Back to top Go down

Guild Raids to Kara... Empty Where's the new IMBA KARA THREAD? :p

Post  Dhajin Mon May 19, 2008 3:23 am

IMBA Raid today (sunday) .. Much better progress for us all, and 1shot alot of bosses. So 2morrow we are going again or when is the next time?
Dhajin
Dhajin

Back to top Go down

Post  Feuya Mon May 19, 2008 11:25 am

a fine bit of coaching we got from powergirl, will make future runs easier now we know how its done! i thought that we were going to try to continue on this evening, don't know if we said i time.....

Feuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Naicele Mon May 19, 2008 11:57 am

Absolutely faboulus is the words for our kara run, many high fashion drops as well.

We did say 20.30 wow-time i belive.

And while im at it just so you all know i will be going to my grandmother on wednesday morning and not be back until sunday evening, so no wow for me for almost an entire week......I feel the shakes coming already...
Naicele
Naicele

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down