The Brothers GriM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First run in Kara - Thoughts

4 posters

Go down

First run in Kara - Thoughts Empty First run in Kara - Thoughts

Post  Bigal Sun May 11, 2008 7:16 pm

Here was the line up that first ran kara:

1 - Tank: Feuya (pally)
2 - Off Tank: Moolong (druid)
3 - Healer A: Dhajin (shammy)
4 - Healer B: Rockky (priest)
5 - DPS/Off healer: Bigal (shammy)
6 - DPS (Shadow Priest Priority) Filled with Moode - dps warrior
7 - DPS: (Trapper Priority) Random Hunter
8 - DPS: Naicele
9 - DPS: Blackjaxx
10 - DPS: Jerson

First boss was fine once we got tactics. I would even say it was easy.

We were not able to fight Moroes due to the lack of an extra priest.

Maiden of virtue was hard. I feel that another ranged dps rather than mellee dps would have helped a lot here as melleers take a lot of damage so take up healing resources. Also, since Feuya was needed in dispelling duties, moolong took the role of main tank. Though he did an admirable job, it is obvious that Moo needs quite a bit more DEF.

It would also be great if possible, to 'substitute' members depending on which boss we are fighting.

Someone in the know also could do with starting a thread on which addons we should all have.

So what are yout thoughts on how things went?

Bigal
Admin

http://brothersgrim.web-rpg.org

Back to top Go down

First run in Kara - Thoughts Empty Re: First run in Kara - Thoughts

Post  Naicele Sun May 11, 2008 9:00 pm

I do agree with al on the first boss, it was easy once we got our things togheter. And i think next time will be better.

A bit of addons would probably be good, even tho i really didnt feel that i got any use of them at the maiden but im sure others did. And if everyone got omen so that we could all manage our threat and so not take aggro.

I think doing a bit more damage over all would help us ana make it easier. from my point of view I thought the healing and tanking worked fine we just need to hurt them more. And yes Moo needs more def. and gear that is for tanking.

But looking forward to trying the maiden again tomorow. think we can do better we just need to organize and I think if we all could read up on the bosses that would do that little extra we need to make it a bit further.
Naicele
Naicele

Back to top Go down

First run in Kara - Thoughts Empty "Cast out your impure thoughts!"

Post  Dhajin Sun May 11, 2008 11:40 pm

Kara ye was good )) Had a good team come online and comprimised with what we had.
Downed Attumen easy enough, apart from the awful transition when Attumen mounts lol i think almost every DPS went full out on him as soon as this happened tongue
Still was good job.
Trash was No Trouble.
Maiden we did very well, holy fire was dispelled by feuya greatly and/or absorbed by grounding totems so it caused no problems.
Moolong survived through repentance better than i thought he would, considering he takes hits alot harder than fey, yet we lost him during about the 4th/5th one (not sure).
Positoning is key , my group were all fine except jerson killing me through holy chain thingy haha Evil or Very Mad (my fault aswell) but shouldn't happen again.
Next time we got this, we will be more prepared for moolong tanking thru repentance ( Elixirs, potions, Nightmare seed, bubble and heal hehe) Taking into light we may pretty much have the same group composition.
Only thing i don't really get is the 'substitute' part, if we have a random PuG'r then ye replace them with a more suited guild class, but could seem unfair to someone in guild who wants to stay for a boss but is being told their class isnt as needed as X class.
I'm just putting my thoughts here, not trying to be know it all or anything just hope some of my views help Smile
Dhajin
Dhajin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigal Mon May 12, 2008 1:09 am

Yeah all good, totally agree with both of you.

As for the substitute I didn't mean substitute like a football manager would. It would be something that could only happen if suggested by the person who wanted to be replaced.

I think I'm thinking too much into it though really. Probably best we just get a group together and then see what we can get done with it.

Shame we couldn't have had shomlin and cooldead today but oh well.

Also, we got the hunter random in to do some freeze traps. I didn't see any freeze traps though. Was that because we were not at the part that required it?

Bigal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Naicele Mon May 12, 2008 12:01 pm

That freeze trap thing also confused me when i thought it over, where and when on those?

And somthing I forgot above is that we did a lot better than i had thought so I am mighty pleased.

We also need to remeber that the first time doing something like this it is easy to feel overwelmed (not sure how to spell). There is so much new, so much to keep in mind. So next time we know what to expect and I think just because of that we will do better and panic less Very Happy .
Naicele
Naicele

Back to top Go down

Post  Feuya Mon May 12, 2008 12:43 pm

i was impressed by how well we did. i am sure that after a few runs we will pull together and become as tight-knit as we are on our 5 man runs. now i'm just gonna repeat what has been previously said but with my own words Wink the first boss attumen was a walkover after we got the tactics down, just the problem of aggro when he appeared (i was a bit slow to catch him) and when he mounted (hair trigger dps). for the maiden it looks like moo needs some more def, i wouldn't mind trying to tank her, if we can cope without the extra dispel, however moo's argument with the silencing may cause problems but the silence is only for 1 sec in every 3, just a matter of timing them in. i reckon we will overpower her today but i expect a few wipes in the process!

Feuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Dhajin Mon May 12, 2008 4:07 pm

Yeah, Substitute idea is good defo. The hunter (funkeyj) he did trap, i saw him trap the trash a few times, i dont think he was 100% on it at every pull. Infact on our way up to maiden i saw no trap at all.. unless those mobs cant be trapped which i highly doubt.
As for if feuya tanks maiden, the silence should be no trouble at all. would just mean DPS need to be that more careful not to gain aggro.
Bigals right tho, best not to think to much into it but its good to dive into some discussion hehe. take care.
Dhajin
Dhajin

Back to top Go down

Post  Feuya Mon May 12, 2008 4:54 pm

read up on moroes and there is an alternative to having alot of priests and that is a pally tanks with blessing of sacrifice. either on the OT or when another player gets hit by moroes and suffers dmg over 5 mins. the sacrifice then breaks any cc effects on the pally by channeling dmg to the pally from the one with the blessing; allowing the pally to tank more of the 4 random ones. if we have the same group as last time we can put OT on one and shackle another, leaving only 2 extra on me. don't know if it'll work but it may be worth a try if we can't get more cc.

Feuya

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigal Mon May 12, 2008 5:27 pm

Yeah sounds good. well we'll give it a go anyway. I reckon we try moroes before we try maiden again too.

And did we say it was a start time of 21:00 wow time? I have 8 in my head but not sure if it was my time or wow time.

Should be fine with either though really.

Gonna be good.

One thing I should add is that we will farm Kara until everyon has everything they want from it so no one will miss out if they don't go on all the runs.

It may be a while before we do Gruuls as a guild since we need so many more members but I know we will get there.

For now, Kara and all that lovely gear Smile

Bigal
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down